Battle Creek, MI 49037 United States of America
Our world Class automotive Supplier, located in Battle Creek, Mi. has an immediate need for an EHS Coordinator. This is a Direct Hire positions with a competitive salary and great family benefits.
Be a part of a synergistic culture that is actively pursuing excellence, continuous improvement, innovation, and growth. The EHS Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining all Health, Safety and Environmental plant and regulatory requirements. Maintaining compliance with Federal, Provincial, and local health and safety regulations, along with ensuring plant’s various health and safety practices and programs are designed to safeguard all employees.
• Manages federal state and local Plant OSHA compliance regulations and worker’s compensation
• Develops and coordinates training for general safety, accident investigation, emergency response, environmental regulations, and reporting
• Schedules, monitors, and recommends action based on pre-employment, return-to-work and periodic physical examinations
• Assist with first aid treatment of on-the-job illness or injury. See that properly trained persons are available to render first aid on other shifts. Maintain first aid treatment records and reports. Work with Medical Providers and Insurance Carrier on case management of injuries
• Develop and maintain emergency response and accident prevention plans. Organize and manage emergency response team
• Maintain and report monthly statistics pertaining to the plant’s safety record and corporate requirements.
• Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement
• Conduct and maintain Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s), Potential Ergonomics Issues List (PEIL), and Physical Demand Assessments
• Responsible for applying corrective and preventative action when discrepancies are detected. Conduct 8-D root cause analysis related to safety and environmental incidents
• Responsible for all Environmental regulatory audits, inspections and reporting. Storm Water Operator required. o To include SPCC, PIPP, SWPPP contingency plans
• Facilitate building insurance visits and recommendations
• Lead and mentor safety activities, participate in global Safety Best Practice meetings
• Process all employee workers’ compensation claims.
Coordinate and assist in representing the company at hearings o Maintains liaison with Company retained physician, schedules physical examinations, and coordinates medical reports for alleged work-related illnesses or injuries. o Maintains contact with all employees absent from work with job related conditions Identifies and offers favored work as appropriate so that workers’ compensation disabilities do not extend further than is necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health Management, or a related field.
• 3+ years’ experience in managing regulatory compliance in OSHA and environmental regulations preferably in automotive
• Compliance reporting experience – state, epa etc.
• CSM or COSM certification preferred
• Occupational health and safety experience
My name is Farron Lee-El and I have been with Advance Employment for over 15 years. I currently reside in Kalamazoo, where I have lived most of my life. I have 3 young kiddos who keep me very busy outside of my work life as they are all into athletics and orchestra. I have held numerous positions within Advance and am currently a member of Advance Employments Direct Hire Talent Acquisition team. I have several years identifying and engaging with top talent in the automotive, manufacturing, financial, construction, and real estate industries. We are a service-driven organization, and we look forward to partnering with you to meet all of your direct hire staffing needs.