Plymouth, MI 48170 US
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing, designing and troubleshooting software used in the manufacturing systems.
Innovation is a strong and essential driving force at Plastipak. To continuously improve processes and meet industrial production requirements, the Software Engineer should be comfortable exploring and integrate new technologies like machine learning, AI algorithm, AR device integration, etc.
- Involved in developing software for SCADA systems used to communicate with the plant machines.
- Design and develop applications used in:
- continuous improvement programs at our manufacturing sites
- plant floor automation applications
- Troubleshoot software problems and coordinate with multidisciplinary teams with projects.
- Work in a Visual Studio environment utilizing C#.
- Utilize ASP.Net core MVC design pattern for user interface.
- Database design, maintenance and administration using Microsoft SQL.
- Troubleshoot Ethernet network protocols using Wireshark.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Skilled in the software field to write code in different languages.
- Familiar with working in the Visual Studio environment.
- Self-motivation with a sense of ownership.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training.
- Familiar with industrial network fieldbus & protocols.
- Experienced with OPC servers preferred.
- Familiar with HTML5 & Bootstrap 4.
- Familiarity with SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and ICONICS preferred.
- Please be prepared to provide a portfolio during the interview process.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM