Eaton Rapids, MI 48827 US
Shifts: 2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
3rd Shift: 11pm-7am
1st Shift: Not Available at this Time
Keys to this position:
Experience in Automotive Manufacturing
CMM experience with Metallurgical Testing is a Plus
Summary of Responsibilities
The Quality Technician is accountable and responsible to the Quality Department. The main task is supporting production through auditing and reporting on the ongoing level of product quality
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect, tag, complete the proper paper work and report to Q.A. Any nonconformance s found on received production materials and parts.
- Conduct First Off and Last Off press and assembly inspections, complete the associated paperwork and report nonconformance s to the Quality and Production departments.
- Perform press and assembly audits on parts in process, including fixture, high light, and S.P.C. Significant characteristics inspections. Fill out the proper paper work and report nonconformance's to Quality and Production.
- Maintain the required audit records including Inspection Data Sheets, Part History Sheets and Receiving Inspection Sheets.
- Input required data into the Quality System audit records.
- Before production begins insure the proper fixtures are available at the end of the appropriate line.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all checking fixtures and report any needed repairs to Quality Management.
- Insure the large overhead end of the press line Part History charts are posted for the appropriate part for each run and are updated with all previous concerns.
- Train the end of line Team Members on quality standards, inspection techniques and requirements.
- Perform Layered Process Audits as required per the monthly audit schedule.
- Main the safety standards of the Q.A. Equipment and work areas.
- Perform random Dock Audits, fill out the Dock Audit Check Sheet and notify Quality, Production and Logistics of any nonconformance s and enter the completed data into the Quality System audit records.
- Insure compliance to the Quality Management System in applicable areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic automotive stamping, forming & welding procedures related to quality
- Basic quality functions, inspection equipment and techniques
- Complete production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.) transactions within computerized operating system
- Solid understanding in automotive production sheet metal stamping quality functions, A Class surface experience preferred
- Add, subtract, divide, and multiply whole numbers and fractions
- Organize, schedule, and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Work flexible and additional hours.
- Work a three shift rotation.
- possible overnight stays.
- Lift 35 pounds.
- Use a computer and software as required.
- Work well with others and maintain positive team member relations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers and customers.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in automotive production sheet metal stamping.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. Or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Previous experience in production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.) within computerized operating system
- Previous experience in stamping press problem solving in team based atmosphere
- A combination of manufacturing plant, quality lab and office environments characterized by extremes in temperature, noise and with considerable tow motor traffic.
- All duties and responsibilities must be performed as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings and with team members, management, customers and suppliers.
- Requires travel to customers, suppliers and tooling facilities as needed.
Meet Your Recruiter
Account Development Specialist
I am the Account Manager for Advance Direct Hire. My years as a Senior Corporate Level Manager gave me the experience to make connections and create long-term relationships based on trust. In turn this creates a Service Level of experience that generates repeat business. My former CEO experience as an Independent Multi Restaurant Franchise Owner & Consultant of 15 years gave me deep business partner talent experience which included building & managing 3rd party vendors & client relationships.
Listening to you and understanding your culture and priorities as well as responding with a sense of urgency including the Reach and Resources to make it happen. It would be my pleasure to be your personalized Account Development Specialist.