Quality Lead Techs/Supervisors
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827 US
Our World Class Client located in EATON RAPIDS, Mi has openings for Lead Quality Technicians/Supervisors. This exciting new position is a Direct-Hire, permanent position with a competitive salary of $20-25/hr. And wonderful benefits package.
This is a 2nd or 3rd shift assignment
**$1000 Signing Bonus with this position
Keys to this position:
Experience in an Automotive Plant
CMM experience with metallurgical testing is a plus
Summary of Responsibilities
The Quality Technician is accountable and responsible to the Quality Department. The main task is supporting production through auditing and reporting on the ongoing level of product quality
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect, tag, complete the proper paper work and report to Q.A. Any nonconformance s found on received production materials and parts.
- Conduct First Off and Last Off press and assembly inspections, complete the associated paperwork and report nonconformance s to the Quality and Production departments.
- Perform press and assembly audits on parts in process, including fixture, high light, and S.P.C. Significant characteristics inspections. Fill out the proper paper work and report non conformances to Quality and Production.
- Maintain the required audit records including Inspection Data Sheets, Part History Sheets and Receiving Inspection Sheets.
- Input required data into the Quality System audit records.
- Before production begins insure the proper fixtures are available at the end of the appropriate line.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all checking fixtures and report any needed repairs to Quality Management.
- Insure the large overhead end of the press line Part History charts are posted for the appropriate part for each run and are updated with all previous concerns.
- Train the end of line Team Members on quality standards, inspection techniques and requirements.
- Perform Layered Process Audits as required per the monthly audit schedule.
- Main the safety standards of the Q.A. Equipment and work areas.
- Perform random Dock Audits, fill out the Dock Audit Check Sheet and notify Quality, Production and Logistics of any nonconformance s and enter the completed data into the Quality System audit records.
- Insure compliance to the Quality Management System in applicable areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic automotive stamping, forming & welding procedures related to quality
- Basic quality functions, inspection equipment and techniques
- Complete production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.) transactions within computerized operating system
- Solid understanding in automotive production sheet metal stamping quality functions, A Class surface experience preferred
- Add, subtract, divide, and multiply whole numbers and fractions
- Organize, schedule, and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Work flexible and additional hours.
- Work a three shift rotation.
- possible overnight stays.
- Lift 35 pounds.
- Use a computer and software as required.
- Work well with others and maintain positive team member relations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, suppliers and customers
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in automotive production sheet metal stamping.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. Or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Previous experience in production reporting (scrap, rework, labeling, etc.) within computerized operating system
- Previous experience in stamping press problem solving in team based atmosphere
- A combination of manufacturing plant, quality lab and office environments characterized by extremes in temperature, noise and with considerable tow motor traffic.
- All duties and responsibilities must be performed as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings and with team members, management, customers and suppliers.
- Requires travel to customers, suppliers and tooling facilities as needed.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Business Development
Hi, I am Pete O'Connell, I am the Director of Direct Hire Talent Acquisition here at Advance Employment. I have been with Advance employment for 2 years. I have over 30 years of experience in Operations Management and 7 years of experience in Direct Hire Recruiting before coming to Advance Employment. My years of experience give me the ability to connect and communicate with Candidates at every level. From Janitor to CEO, I can focus on their experience and strengths for our positions.
I am proud of our growth in developing a Team of Direct Hire professionals. Our mission to perfectly match outstanding Candidates with Clients and present Candidates in a professional manner. We always follow up during the interviewing process to schedule interviews and assure Candidates are prepared and committed to the process.
A little about me. I am spiritual and believe that destiny brought me to this wonderful supportive family of professionals, and I have a Cat.