Quality Engineer- Direct Hire
Holland, MI 49423 US
This exciting new position is a Direct-Hire, permanent position with a salary range of $70, 000 to $85, 000 with Quarterly bonus program and great benefits package and relocation assistance.
Keys to this position:
We need someone who lives in control plans, PFEMA and understands how the automotive industry requires an engineer to move through the process of launch equipment or product.
Knowledge of and experience with APQP
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for participating in development and maintenance of APQP, PPAP, and ISO-TS 16949 documentation
Participate in preparation and maintenance of process inspection instructions, reports, and quality alerts
Contribute to continual improvement efforts; to include lean manufacturing, process error proofing,
CPK improvement, problem solving and resolution, and assistance in providing timely reaction to concerns.
Assist in the design, development, and approval of checking aids and fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve department objectives in support of company production, quality, and safety goals
- Work effectively with all departments and associates for continual improvement
- Communicate effectively with company personnel, customers, and suppliers
- Attend and participate in department meetings, plant meetings, and training; participate in customer visitations as designated by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Support new program launches and customer expectations
- Provide reports as required by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
- Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective communications and Fair Treatment
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lead and direct internal and external Quality system events such as TS-16949 audits and Q1 audits, etc.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to work well with others; maintain positive employee relations
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance practices and procedures including statistical process control, blueprint reading, GD&T, use of measuring devices, checking aids / fixtures, computer applications, mechanical testing, customer and ISO-TS 16949 requirements
- Able to prepare, read, write, and interpret written reports, procedures, instructions and guidelines
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, associates, suppliers and customers
- Able to organize, schedule, and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Able to work flexible and additional hours
- Able to use computer and software as required
- Combination of office and manufacturing plant, with an emphasis on manufacturing plant
- The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with employees, management, customers and suppliers.
- Salary Exempt pay position, primarily on first shift; flexible hours are required
- Requires travel to customer and tooling facilities as needed