Production Managers- Automotive Plant Expansion
Battle Creek, MI 49037 US
These exciting new position is a Direct-Hire, permanent position with a very competitive salary of and wonderful benefits package.
Keys to this position:
Experience in automotive or manufacturing
Some knowledge of and experience with Die Cast processes or CNC process is a plus with this position (but not required).
Experience with Injection Molding is a Plus.
Automotive experience with Planning is essential
Summary of Responsibilities
Provide leadership and accountability for personnel and productivity of assigned shift. Oversee and direct team members in a safe, quality-minded and productive manner to attain production priorities as scheduled. The manufacturing shift leader must possess excellent leadership and human relations skills, be decisive, responsible, and lead by example. The manufacturing shift leader must demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude and work toward continual improvement.
Work With Work Group or Team it is very important to understand the team environment here, working with others in a group or team in this job is a responsibility of each employee
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain effective communication with team members via pre-shift and individual meetings regarding company policies, procedures, work rules, process documentation and environmental regulations
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Review all production objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with department manager and other shift personnel to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Lead by example
- Supervision of team members to include training and development, communication and enforcement of company policies and procedures, performance coaching and evaluation, and written documentation of team member performance issues
- Lead all team members to focus on zero defects
- Uphold confidentiality and build trust in Management
- Schedule and assign team members to appropriate tasks to achieve department daily production, quality and housekeeping goals
- Maintain an open and honest relationship with fellow team members and help develop this attitude; treat all team members with dignity and respect without favoritism
- Conduct yearly performance reviews in timely manner
- Schedule team member vacation and personal days per department guidelines and company policies
- Promote and practice safety first policy by addressing all hazards, defective equipment and unsafe conditions immediately
- Ensure team member safety awareness through training, pre-shift meetings, and individual consultation; strive for continuous improvement in injury reduction
- Discipline team members per company policies and procedures
- Trouble shoot and obtain appropriate support to fix problems
- Recommend measures for and participate in continual improvement of quality methods, equipment performance, and product quality
- React and follow through with all quality issues to ensure that no defective products are shipped to customers
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with all internal customers, plant management and team members; maintain positive team member relations
- Provide accurate daily reports on machine uptime, pieces per hour, scrap percentage and accidents
- Handle confidential information on a regular basis
- Production and Processing Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Mechanical Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Administration and Management Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Personnel and Human Resources Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
- Engineering and Technology Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Computers and Electronics Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Education and Training Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of departmental processes and procedures
- Supervision training preferred
- Quality control and SPC
- Forklift training
- The work environment is primarily plant floor and is characterized by temperature extremes, loud noise and considerable tow motor traffic.
- The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with team members, management, customers and suppliers.
- Attend departmental, plant and training meetings as scheduled and ensure team member participation as appropriate
- Attend leadership training as required and scheduled
- Work overtime as required