Production Engineering Technician
Zeeland, MI 49464 US
- Job Description
PURPOSE OF POSITION
An entry level engineering position responsible for supporting the manufacturing process, engineering teams, and product launch teams
- Automation and controls support for the manufacturing process
- Eliminate equipment downtime by tracking problems to their root cause and correcting them
- Support the engineering teams with automation and controls related projects
- New product programming and launch
- Troubleshoot product issues and apply corrective actions
- Develop and apply software and mechanical solutions to the manufacturing equipment
- Develop and maintain training and support documentation
- Support engineering staff in the development of new processes for manufacturing
- Assist with equipment programming and setup
- Specify and/or develop software to complement new equipment
- Occasionally work with outside vendors to procure new equipment and/or software to improve the production process
- 2 - 4 year Engineering or Technical degree, or extensive experience in related field
- 2+ years programming experience in structured text or ladder logic, or equivalent coursework
- 2+ years robotics and automation experience, or equivalent coursework
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot programmable logic controllers
- Ability to troubleshoot and program within multiple programming environments and languages
- Ability to learn 2D and 3D CAD and CAM software
- Assertiveness while making unsupervised on-the-fly decisions pertaining to equipment and product issues
- Must effectively communicate with the manufacturing teams, engineering teams, maintenance and management
- Intense personal commitment to continuous improvement
- Good troubleshooting skills and mechanical inclination
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- Additional Job Description
- Must possess above average interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Must work well with production teams to solve problems.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Predisposition and willingness to get involved directly on the production floor.
- This position reports to the specified technician supervisor.
- Works closely with all supervisors, engineering staff and research & development personnel.