Process Fixture Designer
Jackson, MI 49202 US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for design and release of all Metal-cutting machining fixtures, product assembly fixtures, and test fixtures.
- Develop bills of material, drawings, release packages, RFQ s, and purchase requests for each assigned project.
- Track projects and ensures completion on a timely basis.
- Provide direct contact support with internal tool room or machine/tooling vendors.
- Provide support to the production floor by utilizing problem solving skills as needed to develop process improvements to resolve manufacturing or quality issues.
- Provide communication necessary to keep appropriate personnel aware of project status, ECN status and other pertinent information. Communication mediums may include meetings, meeting minutes, reports, emails and/or direct conversation
- Utilize engineering techniques to drive continuous improvement and cost reduction in our manufacturing processes. Examples include: cycle time reduction, material reduction, change-over time reduction, ergonomic improvements, scrap reduction, capability improvement, safety improvement and down time reduction.
- Ability and willingness to work on a cross-functional team (product design, purchasing, quality, manufacturing support, and production personnel) to ensure delivery of best in class product to our customers.
- Participate in bi-monthly layered process audit activities.
- Knowledgeable of and supports Human Resource, Quality and Safety/Environmental policies & practices. Strives for continuous improvement in their area of expertise and job function that results in better cost, quality, or functionality of the products we deliver to our customers
- Promote good employee relations and high morale
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor or department manager.
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Willingness to mentor college interns if assigned by department manager
- Five + (5+) years of related experience
- Associates degree or equivalent required
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCad, Solidedge, Pro-Engineer and/or Unigraphics Design software; spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Work in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to heat, loud noise, dust, odors, dirt/dust and fumes
- Frequently stand, walk, push, pull, reach, and grasp
- Frequently lift and lower up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
- Frequently carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds