Plant Maintenance Techs-World Class Automotive
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827 US
$1000 Signing Bonus
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
To perform all kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment. Maintain, dismantle, and install machinery and mechanical service equipment.
KEY RESULT AREAS OF THIS POSITION:
1. Start, continue and complete projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Must be able to use work order and PM system at MPA.
4. Creative - proactive in developing ideas and procedures to help with job or project at hand.
5. Fabricates equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repairs equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
6. Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
7. Metal Fabrication
8. Perform varied mechanical duties such as dismantling, moving, repairing and installing or repairing die cast related equipment, conveyors, pumps, fans, valves and other facility equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in line with company safety procedures for equipment under poser and MIOSHA requirements.
9. Perform skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing, soldering, plumping, and pipe bending.
10. Tested, maintained, and evaluated equipment performance using instruments such as Volt meters, OHM meter, Pyrometers and pressure gauges.
11. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSH requirements.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
1. Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedure and tools and material requirements.
2. Fabricate to print using all of these methods
a. Plasma Cutter
b. Oxy/Acet. Torch
c. Mig Welder
d. Stick Welder
e. Tig Welder
3. Be proficient in the use of various service department equipment including:
1. Band Saw
3. Drill Press
4. Hand Tools
5. Brake & Shear
4. Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tack welds parts.
5. Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
6. Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
7. Installs and/or changes the layout of machines and mechanical equipment in a facility. Uses blueprints, company Facility Layout handbook, conforming with local building codes and safe operating practices.
8. Uses hoists, forklift truck, rollers or trolleys to move machinery. Frequently works with electrician to complete dismantling or installation jobs.
9. Where machine guards are not commercially available, makes or repairs machine guards and installs on machinery. Checks guards to assure that they have enclosed equipment properly.
1. Willing to work with other trades to become familiar with basic theory, practices, methods, materials and proper use of tools of those trades.
2. Programming and troubleshooting of die cast robots.
1. Knowledge of Helium Arc Welder - Pressures and Amperage settings.
2. Knowledge of proper pre-heat procedure and use of grease pencils to check heat.
3. Knowledge of different type of rods and electrodes.
4. Experience in welding different types of tool steel, H13, A-Z, etc.
5. Good Attendance.
6. Ability to Arc Mig Tig weld, braze, and metal form most materials.
7. Understanding of shop geometry
8. Ability to weld high pressure pipe on machinery
9. Good understanding of general maintenance practices and principals.
10. Complete of formal apprenticeship program or completion of in-company, training program to satisfaction of Plant Training Committee.
11. Performs heavy maintenance work involving climbing and rigging.
12. High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power. Exposed to high voltage electricity
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Business Development
Hi, I am Pete O'Connell, I am the Director of Direct Hire Talent Acquisition here at Advance Employment. I have been with Advance employment for 2 years. I have over 30 years of experience in Operations Management and 7 years of experience in Direct Hire Recruiting before coming to Advance Employment. My years of experience give me the ability to connect and communicate with Candidates at every level. From Janitor to CEO, I can focus on their experience and strengths for our positions.
I am proud of our growth in developing a Team of Direct Hire professionals. Our mission to perfectly match outstanding Candidates with Clients and present Candidates in a professional manner. We always follow up during the interviewing process to schedule interviews and assure Candidates are prepared and committed to the process.
A little about me. I am spiritual and believe that destiny brought me to this wonderful supportive family of professionals, and I have a Cat.