Eaton Rapids, MI 48827 US
This exciting new position is a Direct-Hire, permanent position with a competitive salary of $19.08-34.69/hr with a shift premium and wonderful benefits package.
$1000 Signing Bonus
Knowledge of and experience with Die Cast equipment and process is essential with this position.
Summary of Responsibilities
To repair/maintain/improve all equipment associated with the production of die cast parts. This includes, but is not limited to: die cast machines, presses, robots, electric melting furnaces/pre-heaters, CNC s, and other related assembly equipment.
Major Responsibilities of Position
- Safe working environment achieved and maintained.
- Demonstrate a good, systematic, and logical approach to trouble-shooting problems.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of hydraulic theory.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of electrical theory.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of pneumatic theory.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand various prints, schematics, and drawings.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC s (5, SLC500, 5000).
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Motoman and ABB Robots (Trouble-shoot and programming)
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of rigging, and the use of heavy lifting equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform general fabrication and welding proficiently.
- Stop working on any equipment or process that you are concerned is unsafe and report the concern immediately to a Supervisor
- Stop working on any equipment or process that you are concerned is compromising the quality of our product and report the concern immediately to a Supervisor
- Ability to work extended hours including weekends in order to objective accomplishment
- Ability to manage daily priorities and task accomplishment
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to become certified by MPA as a fork truck driver
- Ability to become certified by MPA as a overhead crane operator Ability to coordinate team activities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Fluent in English
- Fill out work orders for work completed
- Diagnose equipment issues and make the appropriate repairs in a timely manner
- Recommend permanent solutions to re-occurring equipment issues
- Recommend additional spare parts if required to maintain equipment
Physical demands :
- Ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, grasp, and lift occasionally lifting to 50 pounds
- Ability to occasionally climb and carry up to 50 pounds
- Visual requirements include ability to visually inspect work performed, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
- Ability to drive/operate forklift
- Must have the ability to tolerate the above requirements for a minimum of 8 hours daily
- Automotive manufacturing environment; shift work, i.E., five-eight-hour shifts for 40 regular hours per week with overtime as required.
- Shop Environment: 75% of the time, includes exposure to industrial safety hazards, loud and sudden noises, hot/humid conditions; standard tools available
- Production Environment: 25% of the time, includes exposure to industrial safety hazards, loud and sudden noises, hot/humid conditions . Extreme temperatures during the summer and winter months can be expected