Zeeland, MI 49464 US
- Job Description
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To machine high quality parts from prints or verbal direction of supervisor using manual and CNC equipment.
- Responsible for machining of parts to a print.
- Responsible for the assembly of fixtures and machines.
- Responsible for programming and operating tool room machines and equipment.
- Responsible for the basic design and documentation of parts that may not have prints.
- Responsible for keeping the shop clean and organized.
- Complying with all Company policies and procedures, safety regulations, company safety policies and safely perform all duties, including but not limited to, promoting a safe workplace.
- Maintaining high level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality with respect to company matters.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be capable of high school level math and willing to learn basic trigonometry.
- Must be capable of reading part prints.
- Must be capable of reading measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Must be willing to work overtime or off shifts as needed.
- Previous CNC experience in both programming and operating CNC equipment preferred.
- Additional Job Description
- Must be a self motivated, dependable person who understands the importance of being a team player.
- Must be capable of working independently with little direction for periods of time.
- Must be willing to participate in the apprentice program.
- Reports to A Toolroom Project Manager
- Works closely with and may take direction from others such as department supervisors, Process Engineers, Senior Machinist or Maintenance Department.