Machine Set Up Tech needed
ALBION, IN 46701-1523 US
- Are you looking for a long-term opportunity in the ALBION, INDIANA area?
A long standing, reputable manufacturer is looking for a machine set-up tech! This is a clean, organized, forward thinking facility that you can make your new work home! Hire in pay is $23.74 (second and third shift) and is direct hire. Excellent benefits. Advancement and paid on the job training are a definite possibility as well. Be a part of something that matters. This company is considered essential. Ideal candidate will offer reliability and attention to detail.
Second Shift: 3: 00 pm to 11: 00 pm
Third Shift: 11: 00 pm to 7: 00 am
Overtime is available. This can be done during the week, or on the weekend.
- Set up, operate and maintain one or more complex machines to department efficiency averages
- Read and interpret process prints, including math conversions for setting machines
- Read and interpret quality information instructions to meet quality requirements
- Produce and inspect finished parts using scales, calipers, micrometers, adjustable, direct reading and fixed gages to check work
- Read, interpret and record data on computers for SPC and quality assurance
- Care required in keeping fixtures and clamping devices clear of chips
- Recognize defective tooling, machine malfunctions and dimensional deviations
- Maintain a high degree of quality and safety
- Ability to give operating instructions
- Ability to train, instruct and assist trainees through the training period.
- Use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to set ups and operations within recognized procedures
- Proceed on work assignments with minimum supervision and assistance
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalency; Vocational Training desired
- Must be able to stand, sit, reach, bend, twist, reach overhead, walk and carry brass parts
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 40-60 lbs. On an average 8-hour shift while dealing with tooling, holders, baskets, units and other parts
- Must be able to climb on platform, work at heights greater than six feet using hand rails, stairs and platform above machine
- Must be able to stand and sit intermittently during an 8-hour shift
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Aquisition Specialist
Hi my name is Sunshine, yes that is my real name and yes my parents were hippies😊 I am a part of the Direct Hire team at Advance Employment. I work hard every day to connect qualified applicants with their forever employment home. Maybe this is not the right position, but reach out to me, I have lots of opportunities we can review together. Let’s find you the right job for you!!!