Battle Creek, MI 49037 US
This role is focused on providing technical support and leadership in the areas of ERP and EDI. As a member of the IT team, the ERP/EDI Analyst interacts with all departments to identify issues, determine options, and implement ERP/EDI solutions that are aligned with the company s business goals & objectives. This role takes on primary responsibility for all aspects of Epicor CMS system. The ERP/EDI Analyst will need to utilize a variety of tools for administrating and accessing the AS/400 such as SQL, WRKQRY, ODBC, as well as having advanced data management skills in tools such as MS-Excel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a wide variety of business analysis tasks, including process analysis, data collection, data extraction, statistics and report creation. Has a solid working knowledge of Excel and can readily create and maintain pivot tables, lookup functions, data filtering, charting and dashboard creation
- Serves as Primary Contact for Epicor CMS vendor as well as other ERP-related vendors
- Maintains extensive knowledge of Epicor CMS and AS/400 operations, specifically in areas such as user on-boarding and off-boarding; menu security, master data management, inventory management, shop floor reporting; continuously learn and develop CMS knowledge in other areas as well
- Works with IT CMS Support staff and Epicor CMS staff for problem resolution, enhancement implementation and application of CMS and OS/400 updates
- Helps to maintain shop floor systems such as barcode printers, thin clients, RF terminals
- Manages assigned HelpDesk tickets and ensures tickets are assigned to other IT staff; while working on their works on own tickets; coordinates with other IT staff to ensure all tickets are addressed
- Designs and implements a variety of light programming solutions to support current and future business requirements. This includes but is not limited to applications in VBA (MS-Excel, MS-Access) VB.NET, PHP, HTML/CSS, AutoIT and shell scripting
- Maintains high level of security and trustworthiness as the role will have access to data and information that is considered confidential (engineering design, product details & financial)
- Maintain documentation and contact information for applications
- Helps to maintain desktops, laptops, servers, printers, network switches and related hardware
- Helps to setup and maintain virtual server environment
- Supports general IT department procedures including but not limited to password resets, new user on-boarding and setup, inventory cycle counting, license auditing, software upgrades, testing and evaluation
- Understands and complies with all IT General Compliance procedures and policies. Works with IT staff to resolve and non-compliance issues that are identified
- Ensures high level of quality, precision and diligence is executed in all solutions implemented
- Participate in off-hours user and IT system support (i.E. After hours, weekends)
- As-needed, performs general administrative tasks such as Active Directory password resets, printer support or other related duties as part of the IT support team
- As-needed, help with and provide support to the plant team for TS 16949 certification or other plant audits
- Know and understand all Magna, Federal, Provincial/State and Local legislated duties.
- Report any unsafe or unhealthy conditions immediately.
- Work safely and follow all safety rules at all times.
- Attend training as required or as assigned.
- Know what to do in an emergency.
- Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping in the area and ensure that area of responsibility is clean, tidy and organized at all times.
- Know the operating instructions for all equipment and processes where you are assigned. Know the pre start-up inspection process, hazards, protective measures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, start and stop procedures and equipment limitations.
- Wear required PPE such as safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, aprons, respirators and head protection.
- Provide support and other duties as assigned by the IT Business Manager
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred Post-high school degree or equivalent certification in information technology, systems administration or business systems
- 5 or more years of work experience in a junior to intermediate level role performing Business Analysis and light Programming duties; experience in an automotive manufacturing or warehousing environment is an asset
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with an ERP system (Epicor CMS, SAP or Baan an asset); functional knowledge in any of the following Business / ERP modules would be an asset:
- Financial systems (General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Fixed Assets)
- Inventory Management (Standard Costing, Inventory processes)
- Shipping, Customer Service and Sales
- EDI Setup and Configuration
- Barcode Label design and configuration (ex. LabelVision)
- MRP and vendor release management
- Production Systems (Scheduling, Reporting, Batch Management, Lot Traceability, Integration and other data collection systems)
- Tool Crib
- Engineering Change Control
- Experience with IT Help Desk software and ticket management; demonstrates good customer service and timely ticket resolution
- Proven and demonstrated data analysis skills using tools such as MS-Excel, MS-Access and/or SQL relational databases; ability to create and maintain high quality business reports and charts
- Functional knowledge of AS/400, Microsoft Windows and Linux server environments
- Knowledge of and possess skills to support related IT hardware and software including but not limited to barcode label printers, RF guns, laser printers or thin clients would be an asset
- Proficient in and able to support using Microsoft Office apps (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency in English language; spoken & written
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, email or other electronic correspondence
- Demonstrated contributor in a team environment
- Able to travel to Canada and within USA
- Motivated, self-driven in seeking out tasks and works diligently to complete them with minimal supervision or waiting for assignment or tasks to be assigned
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; does work right the first time; corrects own errors; regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work
- Produces an appropriate quantity of work; does not get bogged down in unnecessary detail; able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; organizes and scheduled people and tasks
- Listen and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction, measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations
- Writes and speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation; states own opinions clearly and concisely; demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions; explains reasoning behind own opinions; asks others for their opinion and feedback; asks questions to ensure understanding; exercises a professional approach with others using all appropriate tools of communication; uses consideration and tact when offering opinions.
ACCOUNTABILITY / PERFORMANCE MEASUREABLES
- Excellent Customer Satisfaction based on feedback from users, staff and management
- Acquire and demonstrate and maintain extensive operational knowledge of the Epicor CMS system
- Provide excellent business analytical services and solutions for all departments
- Flawless implementation of business process and software changes
- Compliance with Magna/external audit requirements
- Ensures high degree of confidentiality and data security
- IT hardware & software