CMM Operator- Direct Hire
Jackson, MI 49202 US
Programs/operate CMM, perform gage calibrations, and other testing duties as required to support the production process. Work with both Engineering and Production to assist in new product launches and perform all required CMM checks for the day-to-day production operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and run CMM to evaluate production part samples using PC-DMIS software.
- Repair or re-program legacy CMM programs to ensure accurate results are supplied to internal and external customers.
- Work with the team to develop fixturing for CMM to ensure repeatable results.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in the production process and receiving inspection. Tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts or products to measure performance, life or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Strong Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Work in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to heat, loud noise, dust, odors, dirt/dust and fumes
- Frequently stand, walk, push, pull, reach, and grasp
- Frequently lift and lower up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
- Frequently carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds