Asst Maintenance Manager
Battle Creek, MI 49037 US
Maintenance Journeyman experience
Responsible for coordinating all maintenance activity, including troubleshooting, new equipment installation, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, electronic components, and automation.
The Assistant Maintenance Manager is responsible to ensure that the Customer, People, and Investor goals are balanced and met.
- Supervision of Maintenance Supervisors and Associates.
- Directs and manages activity in the department to ensure plant support in troubleshooting, repairs and systems improvement (optimization).
- Establishes and follows-up full project implementation including timing, concept, feasibility, design, specifications, construction, and commissioning.
- Plant support in testing/ repairing/ calibrating electric or electronic components.
- Analysis, records and charts documentation required for maintenance records and projects.
- Prepares drawings, material specifications to requisition as required by vendors or other departments.
- Develop controls, drawings, and design concepts.
- Deals extensively with vendors (both parts suppliers and equipment suppliers).
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Includes office and manufacturing plant
- Must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with employees of all departments, management, customers and suppliers
- Provide support for three shifts and weekend production schedule
- Flexible hours and able to work additional hours as required
- Must be available for international business travel as necessary