Apprentice Plant Maintenance
Battle Creek, MI 49037 US
2nd Shift Position
Basic understanding of Machine Maintenance, electrical, hydraulics and PLC troubleshooting
Primary Purpose of Position
To repair/maintain/improve all equipment associated with the production of die cast parts. This includes, but is not limited to: die cast machines, presses, robots, electric melting furnaces/pre-heaters, CNC s, and other related assembly equipment.
Major Responsibilities of Position
- Safe working environment achieved and maintained.
- Demonstrate a good, systematic, and logical approach to trouble-shooting problems.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of hydraulic theory.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of electrical theory.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of pneumatic theory.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand various prints, schematics, and drawings.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC s (5, SLC500, 5000).
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Motoman and ABB Robots (Trouble-shoot and programming)
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of rigging, and the use of heavy lifting equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform general fabrication and welding proficiently.
Ability to work extended hours including weekends in order to objective accomplishment
Ability to manage daily priorities and task accomplishment
Fluent in English
Fill out work orders for work completed
Diagnose equipment issues and make the appropriate repairs in a timely manner
Recommend permanent solutions to re-occurring equipment issues
Recommend additional spare parts if required to maintain equipment
- Ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, grasp, and lift occasionally lifting to 50 pounds
- Ability to occasionally climb and carry up to 50 pounds
- Visual requirements include ability to visually inspect work performed, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
- Ability to drive/operate forklift
- Must have the ability to tolerate the above requirements for a minimum of 8 hours daily
- Automotive manufacturing environment; shift work, i.E., five-eight-hour shifts for 40 regular hours per week with overtime as required.
- Shop Environment: 75% of the time, includes exposure to industrial safety hazards, loud and sudden noises, hot/humid conditions; standard tools available
- Production Environment: 25% of the time, includes exposure to industrial safety hazards, loud and sudden noises, hot/humid conditions. Extreme temperatures during the summer and winter months can be expected