Apprentice Controls Engineer-Lansing,MI
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827 US
Our World Class Automotive Supplier, located in Eaton Rapids, Mi., is seeking a Controls Engineer. This is a Direct Hire position with a Competitive Salary and Great Benefits
This is an Apprentice Position.
Researches, develops, designs, and test electrical components, equipment and systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE
- Must have the ability to program and trouble shoot controllers with Allen Bradley RS Logix 500 and 5000 software
- Must have the ability to program Allen Bradley HMI s
- Ability to develop a BOM and draw electrical schematics using AutoCAD
- Ability to integrate and program Fanuc Robots
- Trouble-shooting and design skills for PLC, Controller integrated Servo Motion Control (Allen-Bradley GML)
- Provide full support for the automated manufacturing lines
- Provide technical input for business and productivity initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function as a team member and individual on projects
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Research and recommend new technologies
- Knowledgeable of and supports Human Resource, Quality and Safety/Environmental policies & practices. Strives for continuous improvement in their area of expertise and job function that results in better cost, quality, or functionality of the products we deliver to our customers
- Promote good employee relations and high morale
- Demonstrate teamwork and respect by working constructively with co-workers to achieve the best results possible
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor or department manager
- Occasional supervisory responsibilities, based on project
- One (1) to Three (3) years of related experience
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong trouble-shooting, design and programming skills for PLC's
- Experience troubleshooting automated industrial production equipment
- LabView knowledge
- Work in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to heat, loud noise, dust, odors, dirt/dust and fumes
- Frequently stand, walk, push, pull, reach, and grasp
- Frequently lift and lower up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
- Frequently carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Business Development
Hi, I am Pete O'Connell, I am the Director of Direct Hire Talent Acquisition here at Advance Employment. I have been with Advance employment for 2 years. I have over 30 years of experience in Operations Management and 7 years of experience in Direct Hire Recruiting before coming to Advance Employment. My years of experience give me the ability to connect and communicate with Candidates at every level. From Janitor to CEO, I can focus on their experience and strengths for our positions.
I am proud of our growth in developing a Team of Direct Hire professionals. Our mission to perfectly match outstanding Candidates with Clients and present Candidates in a professional manner. We always follow up during the interviewing process to schedule interviews and assure Candidates are prepared and committed to the process.
A little about me. I am spiritual and believe that destiny brought me to this wonderful supportive family of professionals, and I have a Cat.